This one is in progress. To finish it depends on if LibreOffice users will accept it.
It does not have fancy graphic it is pretty minimal with focus on usability.
The basic idea is to put everything from dialogs into side panel to achieve more user-friendly approach with many benefits.
This solution should be also the answer on problems that tablets have. By my opinion dialogs are old principle with to many shortcomings:
- using and learning is difficult (especially for disabled users)
- no possibility for live editing (need to press apply or ok every time)
- dialog in dialog (confuses users)
- the rest of UI is disabled when some dialog is opened.
- canvas (paper) is covered with dialogs so user can't see what actually editing
- they take a lot of space on screens
Sorry for little description I hope you will understand it with just comparing this concept with real interface. The best way to understand is to try it.
If you have an opinion about this please comment below.